Friday, October 31, 2008

Gus Van Sant however, can make great films

Generally he does, actually. Pretentious maybe, but pretty great director.

Milk looks like a nice balance between indie and mainstream sensibilities, another Good Will Hunting (NOT Finding Forrester) if you will...


Milk Trailer

And to be honest I'm all for the gay-love movies. Sure the guy gets assasinated by Josh Brolin (this is not a spoiler), but I'm sure the movie loves the gays. And why shouldn't it?

Films - especially Hollywood - for too long have dismissed the gays. And don't try and tell me that Shortbus was some kind of gay-power film, because all it was was a lame-power movie with a dude shooting a load in his own mouth. WHY DID I HAVE TO SEE THAT???

Anywho, I'm sure Milk won't have that.

One last thing: I hope people don't call it that "gay politician movie" like they called Brokeback Mountain that "gay cowboy" movie. It's just dumb.

No comments: