Friday, October 31, 2008

Worst remake ever

I can't believe I neglected to mention the worst remake ever.

Psycho!!!

When I mistakenly stumbled into this as a young teen, I knew even then how entirely shit the film was, despite not having seen or heard too much about the original. I don't understand this film. It's one of those unfathomable "what were they thinking?" films like Hudson Hawk, Swept Away, and Battlefield Earth.

What drew such fine actors as Vince Vaughn and William H. Macy to this?

Why make a shot-for-shot reproduction and ALL YOU CAN BOTHER TO ADD IS NORMAN BATES HAVING A TOSS??? Wow. So clever. So nineties.

Watch here some nerdy dude compare the original and the remake. Not only is he right, he has a funny voice!




Gus Van Sant has made some good film but this was horrendous. Actually, I think this belongs in the same sack as Catwoman and I Know Who Killed Me as films which need to be seen (perhaps multiple times) to be believed.

No comments: