Monday, November 3, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: Someone Actually Likes The Psycho Remake

I joke not. In a bizarre coincidence of timing (momentarily neglecting the fact that it was Halloween 3 days ago) Cinematical has released an article defending Gus Van Sant's Psycho remake. The dude calls it "a great experiemental film" and "fascinating".

I'm all for freedom of expression, but this is my blog so here's my freedom of expression:

Whatever. Just plain WHATEVER. Not even Van Sant's mother would be saying this. The remake of Psycho was a collossal waste of millions of dollars. If you're going to experiment, at least do so on a small-scale budget like David Lynch did on Inland Empire. Plus Lynch's film was original (to say the least).

But this dude reckons that Van Sant's remake was "fascinating" and "experiemental" because it was UNORIGINAL??? Give me a break. Go back to film school and your chai latte, buddy.

No comments: