Monday, July 7, 2008

is anybody out there?


...and I don't simply mean in the blogger sense.

Well, I probably do, but I could stretch myself to mean some existential form of communication. All types of meaningful contact between human souls.

But yes, for the sake of specificity let's stick with Dreams of a Nobody and the "Zero Traffic Situation".

Over at Seth's Blog he discusses how to increase traffic. Hell, ANY traffic, as right now I am technically communicating to myself. And I'm not short of help, there's Associated Content, ProBlogger, Lorelle on Wordpress, and eKstreme all helping the general public to increase blog awareness, and that's only through a quick Google search.

But you tell me, my new invisible friends - how do I reach out there and speak to the public?

Here I am, Joe Schmo, 5 years late to the party, wanting instant fame and fortune as an internet blogger. What do I do?

Have something interesting to say perhaps? I'll work on that.

Visit other people's blogs and comment? Mustn't be selfish I suppose. Can anyone provide me some useful links to other similar/drastically different blogs?

Write short, pithy posts? This one is dragging on a bit.

Be anonymous? Hell, I'm a Nobody.

In short, this post is about nothing except my inherent impatience and desire to be heard. It has no real point, or ultimate worth, and therefore serves to conflict with the purpose of the post, which is to increase traffic to this blog.

So I'll stop whining now, and next post I'll be funny/witty/interesting/original/provocative and/or hip.

I promise.

No comments: